He almost single handedly beat the Cardinals yesterday.
He's basically been amazing since the all-star break.
So, I wanted to write Jacque Jones a letter of apology.
I Googled "apology" and...
there’s a whole website dedicated to writing apology letters!
Check it out here.
They’re trying to sell apology-writing software of course, but they have 6 free tips right up front:
1) Write your apology letter carefully on a piece of stationery; don’t type it on a computer.
2) Express your apology in the beginning of the letter: “I am so sorry…” or “I want to apologize…”
3) State exactly what you did wrong early in the apology letter: “I shouldn’t have lost my temper when…” or “I have looked all over, but I’m afraid I have lost your book…”
4) Accept responsibility for what you did and don’t blame the other person: “I accept full responsibility for what happened…” or “I know this was completely my fault…”
5) Promise in your apology not to repeat your offensive action and ask the injured party to give you an opportunity to prove this to them.
6) Suggest that the two of you get together at a restaurant or some other non-threatening place so that you can apologize in person and begin to rebuild your relationship.
Okay, so here it is.
Feel free to copy this onto your hard drive, print it out and fill in the blanks.
And send it to Mr. Jones.
He deserves it.